Beta versions of new VPN app
While beta software gives you the opportunity to try our new VPN app before the official version is released, it's important to understand that it is not a final product.
Beta versions have been tested internally, but bugs may still exist. Of course, that's where your valuable feedback comes in! If you encounter a problem, please let us know.
We don't support older beta versions. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to have the latest version for all available features and improvements.
You'll need macOS X Mavericks (10.9) or later.
- Download the latest beta version (beta 10) – released 15 February 2018
Users of previous betas
- If you're updating from beta 5, you must restart your computer after installing this version in order for the app to work properly.
- If you're updating from beta 6 and older, your settings will not carry over to the new version automatically, so have your account number available before proceeding. You can also retrieve it from your computer on a file named either settings.json or settings.toml in the following location: ~/Library/Application Support/mullvadd/ (~ represents your home folder).
Once you've downloaded the file:
- In your computer's Downloads folder, double-click on the .dmg file for Mullvad VPN.
- Drag and drop the Mullvad VPN icon to the Applications folder, then close this window.
- Open your Applications folder, then find and double-click on the Mullvad VPN icon.
- Enter your computer password and click on OK.
- To log in, enter your Mullvad account number and hit Enter.
Important app features
- The kill switch is always on. In other words, if the app accidentally disconnects, your internet traffic will be blocked until a secure connection is reestablished or you manually disconnect from the app.
- DNS leak protection is always on. There is no option to disable it.
- If you run out of time on your account while connected, your internet traffic will be blocked until you manually disconnect from the app or add more time.
Beta 10 updates
These are the issues we've fixed and features we've added:
- Under Settings, you can now see which app version you're running. There's even a link to our download page for the latest version.
- When submitting a problem report without an email, you will be asked to confirm that you are intentionally leaving the email field blank.
- With this version, we are including an updated CRL (certificate revocation list) with newly revoked server certificates.
We'd love your feedback
- Send an email to email@example.com (Mullvad's GPG Key).
- Write us an anonymous letter.
Beta research program
We are currently not taking on more beta testers, but thank you for your interest!